Here are some tips & guidelines on what to/not to wear for your big shoot!
What TO Wear:
- Solid, coordinating (but not matching!) colors with one or two family members in patterns: We’ve all seen the photos of an entire family of 10 in matching white polos & jeans…it usually shows up on a Christmas card. You’re better than that.
- Layers are your friend. Textures are your best friend.
- Accessorize: Fun necklaces, scarves, hats, etc. add a fun pop of color, texture, etc.
- Shirts: clean them, iron them.
- Hair: wash it, brush it, blow it out.
- Trends: I would strive for a classic look when possible. Simply put: I look at old photos of myself in gaucho pants and want to crawl straight into a hole.
- Diaper covers underneath those cute, baby dresses.
What NOT TO Wear:
- Clothes with text or logos
- Outfits with very heavy patterns like intense stripes, polka dots, etc.
- Anything wrinkled, faded, frayed or stained…even just a little bit
- Aggressive collars on baby vests, sweaters, etc.
- Ladies, bra straps are very hard to photoshop. If you can hide them you’ll be my new best friend. After textures.